Presentation of the Report on Jazz and Popular Music Education in PolandApr 23, 2013
Come and take part in the conference Significance of Jazz in the European Culture of the 20th Century combined with the presentation of the Report on Jazz and Popular Music Education in Poland, which will take place on the International Day of Jazz, 30 April 2013, at the Kronenberg Foundation of Citi Handlowy (ul. Traugutta 7/9) in Warsaw.
The conference aims to underscore the role of jazz music in Europe, in the cultural, educational and social context, with a special focus on the second half of the 20th century.
Part 1 (11am -12:45 pm)
Contributions from authors of books about jazz:
- Dr Jacek Niedziela-Meira – Historia jazzu – 100 wykładów [History of Jazz – 100 lectures], published by infoMAX
- Krystian Brodacki – Historia jazzu w Polsce [History of Jazz in Poland], published by PWM
- Dr Igor Pietraszewski – Jazz w Polsce - wolność improwizowania [Jazz in Poland: The Freedom to Improvise], published by NOMOS
- Krzysztof Karpiński – Tam gdzie Wisła do Swanee wpada… [Where the Vistula flows into the Swanee River], to be published by WL
- Stanisław Danielewicz – Jazzowisko Trójmiasta [The Jazz of Gdansk, Gdynia and Sopot], published by PWM
Conference materials will be published as a brochure, which will become a supplement the magazine Jazz Forum.
Part 2 (13:15 pm – 15 pm)
Dr Andrzej Białkowski will present the Report on Jazz and Popular Music Education in Poland prepared by a group of experts for the Institute of Music and Dance. Authors of the report: Karol Szymanowski, Stanisław Halat, Piotr Lemański, Krzysztof Sadowski, Dorota Frątczak, Rafał Ciesielski, Włodzimierz Pawlik. The report will be available for the participants.
A multimedia exhibition of photography by Marek Karewicz titled Jazz in Poland will be displayed during the conference.
Organisers: Polish Jazz Society, Institute of Music and Dance, Kronenberg Foundation of Citi Handlowy, Jazz Jamboree FoundationPatrons: Polish National Commission for UNESCO, Jazz Forum