Logo of the Year
The Panufnik Centenary Logo is awarded by the Institute of Music and Dance in Warsaw to prestigious artistic events and important educational programmes. The logo is protected by copyright. Its use is restricted and requires a prior consent.
The Panufnik Centenary Logo was designed by Jem Panufnik.
Rules and regulations on the right to use the Panufnik Centenary mark
- The Panufnik Centenary mark combining graphic and textual elements (hereinafter the “Mark”), was designed for the purposes of promotion and organisation of undertakings related to the celebration of Andrzej Panufnik’s centenary.
- The Mark is a legally protected work, the copyright holder being Jem Panufnik.
- Third parties may use the Mark, having obtained permission from:
- the Institute of Music and Dance in Warsaw, Poland, as regards undertakings carried out in the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- Lady Camilla Panufnik, as regards undertakings carried out beyond the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- the Adam Mickiewicz Institute (IAM), as regards undertakings organised or co-organised by IAM.
- For the purposes of these Rules and Regulations the term “User” shall be understood to mean an entity that has obtained the right to use the Mark, in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
- The right to use the Mark may be obtained by individuals, public entities, businesses, associations, and other institutions interested in promoting or organising undertakings related to the celebration of Andrzej Panufnik’s centenary (hereinafter the “Celebrations”).
- The right to use the Mark may be obtained only for purposes connected with Andrzej Panufnik’s centenary.
- The right to use the Mark shall be granted for free.
- The right to use the Mark shall be granted on written request of the interested entity, which shall at least contain information on the entity’s operations and the intended use of the Mark.
- No fee shall be collected for submitting such requests.
- No limits as regards the number of entities that may be granted the right to use the Mark are foreseen.
- The right to use the Mark includes the right to:
- Display the Mark in the User’s registered office;
- Display the Mark beside the User’s own mark (logo), along with the note informing that the User is the Celebrations’ Partner;
- Display the Mark in the User’s materials promoting events related to the Celebrations, including advertising communications in the media and other communications addressed to the public, as well as during exhibitions, showcases and other events related to the Celebrations;
- Display the Mark on the User’s websites.
- The User shall display the Mark with due care, making sure, in particular, that the Mark is properly exposed in a clear and visible manner and in accordance with the Mark Manual constituting Annex 1 to these Rules and Regulations.
- The Mark may be enlarged and reduced in size proportionally. The Mark must not be deformed, nor can its elements be separated.
- No element of the Mark shall be deleted or altered.
- The Mark must not be used is a manner that harms the good name of Andrzej Panufnik, his heirs, the Institute of Music and Dance in Warsaw or the Adam Mickiewicz Institute.
- In no event shall a User assign the right to use the Mark to third parties.
- Lady Camilla Panufnik and the Institute of Music and Dance in Warsaw have the right to revoke a User’s right to use the Mark in the event of failure to abide by these Rules and Regulations, following a prior written request to cease the infringements. In such event, the User shall not be entitled to approach the Institute of Music and Dance in Warsaw and Lady Camilla Panufnik with any claims.
- In the event that a User’s right to use the Mark is revoked or expires, the User shall immediately cease to use the Mark in any manner.
- In matters beyond the scope of these Rules and Regulations, decisions on the use of the Mark shall made by the Director of the Institute of Music and Dance in Warsaw.